Tuesday, September 1, 2009

19 days 3 hrs 46 mins...

Ahhh where to start... well how's this it's September 1st, which means in 19 days, 3 hours and 46 minutes (as of 8:18 p.m) I'll be 30 years old. Yep this little girl is all grown up! I thought it would bother me, and maybe at 5:45 a.m (which is when I was born, Mom don't forget to call) it will be real. I've loved almost all 359 months, 1, 562 weeks, 10,938 days, 262,532 hours, 15,751,933 minutes or 945,115,983 seconds and counting of it really I have. I've been blessed with amazing family, fantastic friends and people who constantly keep me entertained, happy, supported and loved. 30 is a number that doesn't scare me, I'm planning on embracing it and celebrating it.

On to other things... well August was an interesting month. I asked for a better August then July was and in many ways it was. Since I don't believe in putting family issues out over the internet I'll keep this part short. My eyes and heart have been opened to see people for who they really are. I've seen some ugly but I've honestly seen far more beauty because of the uglyness. I am grateful for the wonderful people God chose to place in my life, it's ironic being adopted God's really been in charge from the beginning like really in charge. He knew where to place me, and has never let me down by putting these amazing people in my life. When he takes away it's for a reason, he always has a good reason even though I'm not always meant to understand. I'm grateful for the family who believes in me and stands by me without hesitation.

Something new, I've decided it's time to get involved with something that isn't about me... Young Life!!!! It's been on my heart for months, I had such a wonderful experience and was blessed with amazing people through it. Shout out to my peeps.... Tasha! That I've realized it's time to give back to a group that gave me so much. More to come, but it's out there and I couldn't be more excited about the opportunity!

Now onto funny things, since that's why I'm on here:) I had a major bug problem this month, I swear it's like I lived in the forest or went camping and brought ALL the mosquitos home. Now you all know me, I don't camp unless it's at a hotel with a down comforter. Seriously. I really don't know what happened maybe Emma let some friends in, who knows but I was eaten alive! In about a week I had 3o or so bites, Emma was pissed they got to her too. I even got 2 antibiotics because of one of them. So I ventured out on the advice of my very "unhandy" Dad to Lowes, now people if you know me and my camping you also know that the thought of going into the Man Stores such as Home Depot & Lowes sends me into a state of panic similair to how I feel about Wal-mart. Now I don't know why this is, maybe since my Dad never took me I never built an immunity to the store. But I really have NO business being in the Man Store, nope not even to look for a handy husband. But I went in order to bomb my condo, sounds scary but it wasn't well sort of. Now I went to Lowe's, must say I liked it better then Home Depot I can compare it to shoes. Home Depot is a pair of Reefs while Lowes is a nice pair of heels. Now I picked up my bug bombs, sort of handy they came in a pack of 3! Genius since I have 3 rooms to bomb:) Now the scary part was evacuating Emma to take her for a day at Grandpa's house. She doesn't like to travel not even a little bit, poor thing stayed in her carrier which she is far to big for now for the entire day!!!! But the scary part was setting them off... now I am one person, I had to set 3 off and run like hell. So I first took Emma in her carrier and set her on the front door step with my handbag and everything else I needed for the day. Went into my bedroom, set it off holy crap was that scary!!!! Stuff starts flying... ran into the guest room, holy hell then ran into the living room and set the last one off... seriously it should come with a warning label. "Caution you need more then one person to set off all 3 at the same time". But I did it!!! Picked up Emma from Grandpa's and came home to a bug free house!!!! I cleaned, vacummed and dusted... NO MORE BUGS!!!! I love success stories:)
I've been sick now for a few days, some say it's stress but I'm on the mend! I missed two days of work, boy tomorrow should be fun:)
Amy came into town for a day, I love seeing her. She really has become more then I could have imagined. I'm so proud of her and love her oh so much.
Dad, Bill and my step neice Reya had birthdays this month... Such great people celebrating, I love them all.
I'm learning to play cards and it's funny I really like it, well of course I do I'm pretty much a old lady in almost everything else I do:)
It's hot, like really hot... I am so thankful for A/C. I love summer really I do, but I'm looking forward to a San Diego winter.
I'm in the process of changing my jazzersize membership to one closer to home, sorry for all you east county folks no more attempts to stalk me:) But I'm not giving it up, people say I'm looking great and I feel better then ever!
All in all August was good to me, I look forward to September it's MY month!!!! So until next time kids God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment