Saturday, February 13, 2010

The "Love" Day

And my thoughts about it. I've never been one to be "in love" with Valentine's Day, I've had some great ones and some not so great ones. I've found the one that I enjoyed the most happened to be the worst (Don't worry it doesn't have to make sense to you). It started out wonderful and ended in a fight with tears everything the day of love should be right?! I loved the person that I shared that day with and when I look back into my memories it is one of my favorite memories. No I'm not going to share it with you, there are somethings meant to be tucked in my heart only. But now we come to the present... I am 30 years old, single and quite honestly I've never been happier. I've got friends married with kids and I'm happy for them but I'm also thankful that portion of my life hasn't started quite yet but I do look forward to it.

On to my feelings about Valentine's Day...I think it's "great" there is one day a year where people are "forced" into buying you overpriced flowers, candy, and cheesy Hallmark cards and restaurants that are over crowded... really I do. I've been told that for some people it's a much needed day, and I totally respect that it's just not for me. I don't need to have a day when it's likely my expectations won't be met. And should anyone decide to do something lovely for me I will be touched, really I will be and quite frankly shocked:) What I'd love more then anything is for you tell me you love me everyday, give me flowers when you've heard I've had a bad day and candy because you thought I'd enjoy it. It doesn't have to be on February 14th, it could be April 1st, June 7th, September 17th any day pick one or pick them all it doesn't matter as long as you love me every day.

This is my wish for a "perfect" Valentine's Day someday... write your own card, give me yellow roses, hug me a little bit longer then you normally would, tell me you love me and that's it. Seriously that's it, no pressure no confusion as much as I want the one in my life to believe I'm complicated (and I know I am sometimes) there are some parts of me that are easier then you might expect.

Some might call me bitter, jaded or lonely...trust me when I say I'm none of those. I am happy to be around people who care about me, I love having old friends back in the picture and I love the ones who have been around for as long as I can remember. And so on February 14, 2010 I hope to be surprised by someone special in my life,but I will not be broken if the day goes by with nothing... I can always count on my Dad to be my Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment