Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hi 2010, I'm happy you are here!!!!

Oh what a year 2009 has been!!! I truly wish I had done better of writing happenings down so that I could remember them all. If only my Mom wrote my diary for me! The "biggest" event this year for me was that I turned 30. Which is sort of silly since it really didn't faze me much. Perhaps it's because when I buy alcohol the guy behind the counter's jaw drops when he see my age on my ID and the proceeds to tell me I am beautiful, young looking and he hardly can believe I'm 30. Seriously if he didn't work at the liquor store I would consider marrying him. Or maybe it's because it really doesn't matter to me what age I am as long as I'm happy, healthy and funny. I have enjoyed my life thus far, I have been blessed more times then I can even remember. I am surrounded by wonderful family and loving friends. I will forever be amazed by the love people have for me, it's important to remember on those down sort of days. This year I have done everything from laughing to crying like a little boy does and everything in between. I have been surprised, loved and blessed. Oh the other big things is selling the condo that I have called home for over 5 years, it was a tough decision that had to be made but really is for the best. Now we all know how I resist change and honestly that part of me might never change but I am excited and hopeful for what 2010 has to bring. Or I could say crap it's another new year what else could possibly go wrong?!:) But I won't, it's not part of my cheerful, sparky self.

I adore my sister, she makes my world brighter with her text messages, funny emails and late late night calls. I am so proud who she has become. My Dad has been so faithful and loving especially the last few years, I honor, love and respect him more then he knows. Mom has been Mom, I am so grateful for her unchanging ways. In this world of constant change she never changes. She loves me, accepts me and tries to understand me. Step Dad Bill, who knew when he married my Mom that I'd be getting another man figure in my life. He is wise, does his best not to overstep his bounds and constantly entertains me. Along with Bill came his family, while this year has given more ups and downs then any of us were prepared for I'm grateful to know them. I am amazed by Step Sister Erin, her husband Issac and their 2 girls. Erin is loving, encouraging and hilarious. She stands firm in what she believes in, and having a loving happy accepting family is at the top of her list. I am also grateful for Issac, seriously he may be one of the coolest people I've ever met. And those girls are rays of sunshine with giggles and hugs a plenty. The Wahl family, they truly are my second family. Tasha, Erik, Krystian, Julian and Harley. I could and should go on and on about how much joy this family brings me. I love this family. My friends, it's funny how after all these years these now women are part of my core heart. All in different places with families of their own, and yet when we all come together it's a peaceful feeling. I am fortunate to have wonderful people in my life. This year brought people back into my life that I had missed, God works in his own ways.

And so enough with the super sappy stuff, onto what I hope for and plan to do with the New Year!
I hope to take the time to listen to what others are saying
I will continue to be funny no matter what the situation, seriously.
I am going to try and become more patient, or just learn how to be patient
I will ask questions even when there are no answers
I am going to work on trusting others, whole heartily
I will try my best to embrace change and not spiral into panic mode
I am going to try new things and do my darnedest not to make a face about it
I will try my best not fear the unknown
I will open my heart and let love in
I want to do only things that matter
I am going to fit back into my size 2 clothes, I swear
I will be happy, hopeful and cheerful

Well I think I've bitten off more then I can chew, but all these are important to me. And I am also pretty stubborn and if I think I can't do it I am motivated to prove myself wrong:) One thing that I will continue to remind myself of is that life is precious, you only get one shot at it I don't want to miss a single opportunity or take a chance when I have it. I'll leave you with this, and a wish for a Happy New Year for you all!

I am thankful that God is faithful even when I'm not, he's a gentle man in my life that I really should spend more time with. A friend wrote this, and I think it's fitting... PERFECT TIMING. Sometimes God will make clear that our answer is delayed because the delay will further His work in our own hearts or in another area. Sometimes He gives us no reason at all. Never grow complacent or stale. Never lose sight of the upward call of God. His timing is ALWAYS perfect. May this always be something I remember when I feel my lack of patience set in.


1 comment:

  1. Erica,
    I just love and adore you- you are beautiful inside and out. I loved reading your thoughts on 2009 and your hopes and dreams for 2010. If I know you- and I do- you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to- I have no doubt about it.
    I can't wait to see what God has for you in 2010!
    Tash

    ReplyDelete